Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Binge Watching

In a world of endless television shows and little to no time to watch them, I've decided that I will partake in a binge of television when I go home for winter break in just a few weeks. This semester has been a busy one, which has given me no time to watch the shows I've been meaning to watch for a few months now.


This has been one of my favorite shows for the past couple years now, but due to my recent schedule, I haven't been able to find the time to watch any episodes past the Season 4 premiere a couple months ago. It's been nearly impossible to avoid overhearing any spoilers giving insight into the newest season, but up to this point, I've managed to steer clear of any important details that will ruin the surprises. Apparently, the last couple episodes have been phenomenal--good enough to redeem the show for it's previously terrible season 3--so I'm overly excited to catch up on the show. The Walking Dead is definitely at the top of my list of shows that I'll be binge watching over the upcoming break.


Now, I can honestly say I haven't watched a single episode of Game of Thrones, but I've recently decided that it's being put on the list for winter break. I've been told it's long, complex, and often requires a lot of attention to understand what's going on (due to the surplus amount of characters), but with a month off from school that requires minimal mental and physical energy, I figure it won't hurt to watch a show that takes a little bit of thinking. Also, the blood, swords, and dragons certainly don't hurt. I also just really want to watch this "Red Wedding" that I've heard oh so much about. My friends couldn't talk about the episode since it made them so upset. I'm really interested to see what kind of show has the power to make so many people speechless, and that's why it's going on the list.


Breaking Bad is the last of the shows I'll list for you since I could just keep going and going and going. I know very little about this show. It has something to do with a chemistry teacher who turns into a meth dealer. He has an associate (as seen in the above photo) who I know absolutely nothing about. All I really know is that this show has to be some kind of masterpiece for it to receive as many rewards as it has and to have had so many avid followers. I'm a little late on the bandwagon, I know, but it's never too late to enjoy a great show.

With a month-long winter break coming along in just a few short weeks, I've been compiling a list of shows I feel that I should at least begin watching. I've listed just a few, but there are at least half a dozen more shows that I could list as well. While some people will be outside playing in the snow and others will be spending their time traveling, I'll be home binge watching.

No comments: