Friday, May 3, 2013

I Spoke Too Soon...

I've mentioned before that I really detest most remakes. More often than not, the changes they make to the source material are several steps in the wrong direction. This being the case, when Hollywood remakes my favorite books, I find myself both exasperated with the project and hopeful that the new remake will be one of the rare good ones.

The remake I'm currently talking about is "World War Z" , which hits the big screen June 21st, 2013. The film is based of the book of the same title by Max Brooks, (directed by Marc Forster) which came out in 2006. Basically the book is about the Zombie Apocalypse as told through the eyes of survivors from all over the world.

Frankly I'm curious to see how Forster will translate that type of storytelling into film form. But considering that this is a remake, I'm probably going to wait until it comes out on DVD to see it.



No comments: