Friday, February 22, 2013

Flight of The Frenchies

I found a promo for this fascinating documentary last year on StumbleUpon while I was on a Youtube-video kick. The promo was so fascinating I shelled out the 5-something Euros to Seb Monatz, the creator of the film. I was more than happy to pay the relatively cheep fee to watch, besides I knew it was going to support a great filmaker. The sound in particular stands out, every clink of the carabiner, every crumble of the rocks. Even their footsteps were vibrant in the film. It made me realize how much the sound can affect the way I view the film.





I wouldn't consider myself a daredevil, far from it in fact, however base jumping some beautiful mountain range in France is now on my bucket list. The cliff-top views in this film are breathtaking, just imagine seeing them in real life. Of course going with a GoPro would be essential.

No comments: