Friday, October 19, 2012

Technology and Our Reliance On It

Tonight, my macbook died; something with the logic board or CPU completely stopped working out of no where.  They tell me there going to try and have it fixed by the end of next weekend, but I am a bit skeptical.  I like to think of myself as a person who can live without technology.  Sure, you can usually find me with the latest gizmos and gadgets but I feel that I could survive without them if I had to.  Well now I have to.  Sure, I have an iPhone and I'll be borrowing my parents iPad.  I also will be taking one of my dads crappy IBM computers so I can write papers if I have to. But, I am out of commission with my creativity.  All of my video editing, audio recordings and so much more lie in that computer.  So much of my creativity and soul lie in its wires and connections and I thought for the first time how much I truly do rely on my computer for so much of what I do and theres no really going back at this point.  This isn't my main blog post, I'll be posting a treatment I wrote for a web series type show that I wanted to get feedback on but I thought that it was interesting how much my mindset changed when I lost the ability to use my computer.  It will be interesting going through an entire week of school without it.

No comments: