Thursday, April 11, 2013

KAME HAME HUH?

So in my quest to keep my youth and immaturity I have started to re-watch some cartoons I use to watch as a kid. This brings me to Dragon Ball Z. I loved the show as a kid and can remember watching the episodes on Toonami and playing with the toys with my brother. I was worried that watching it as an adult would taint the memories that I had of watching it as a kid. I hoped that I was as good as i remembered, and luckily I was. Yes the dialogue is a little cheesy and the fights take longer than they should, but that's the DBZ I remembered and the one I loved. 

It also pleased me to hear that they just released a new movie Dragonball Z Battle of the Gods. I couldn't wait to see how the animation and the show would change over the long hiatus. 

 But to my dismay and the dismay of the all the English speaking fans the producers have decided not to release a dubbed version of this movie. This is odd considering that every other episode and movie was allowed to be dubbed with no problem. There is a petition right now and a strong online protest of DBZ fan-boys asking that the movie be released with dubs. It is not that I am opposed to reading subtitles, but I do not want to watch it for the sole reason of "I know their voices". If i were to watch it and hear completely different voices, the actual way the characters sound, the whole experience would be ruined for me. So I will wait. 
There is a silver lining however. Now this is only hearsay, but from what I have read, the movie did so well over in japan that the producers of the show are thinking of making 100 new episodes. If this happens then I would be forced to run into campus center dining hall, smash the register, and scream until I go Super Sayan.

No comments: