Sunday, March 21, 2010

Geo-positionning across the years

In order to revise my visualization paper, I have been reading about geo-positionning. I found and interesting article quite old but that I think is a good summary. It is when reading such articles and comparing to what is feasible today (remember the video on bing's maps) that we can see how technology is evolving very fast. Many expectations have been realized such as the 3D visualization, the improvement on the quality of the pixels etc.

The references sections also list some helpful websites.
Read it Here

1 comment:

arturo said...

Very interesting article. I am glad your project made you look in that direction because it is, and will be an essential and invisible component of almost every imaginable application and it will pervade our world in ways we cannot yet imagine.
It gives another meaning to that old phrase very much used in "real estate": location, location...location