Thursday, April 21, 2016

Bird Movies in the IMDB Top 250

For this weeks blogpost I will scroll through the IMDB Top 250 best movies of all time and take note of any movies that deal with birds. Here we go!

16 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

83 - To Kill a Mockingbird

108 - Batman Begins (Bats are kind of birds. I'll allow it)

175 - The Maltese Falcon

Well, that's it! Very short list. Three-and-a-half movies in the top 250 movies of all time are about birds. Since I was expecting this list to be longer, I will do a two-for-the-price-of-one list.

As a case study I will also look at the the IMDB Top 250 list for the opposite of birds.... fish. Hopefully this will show us if Hollywood has racism towards birds. Here we go!

125 - On the Waterfront (I've never seen it but it probably involves fish)

133 - The Bridge on the River Kwai (I've never seen it either but again, probably about fish)

138 - The Seventh Seal (Seals are kind of fish)

163 - Finding Nemo

SIDE NOTE - I probably would have thought Shutter Island (185) was about fish if I hadn't seen it.

221 - Jaws

Well, there you have it. Scientific evidence that Hollywood is racist against birds, there are one-and-a-half more great movies about the opposite of birds than there are great movies about birds.

No comments: