Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Interstellar

I finally got around to watching Interstellar and I have to say I was blown away.
The storyline was phenomenal and very original. While I found the story somewhat hard to follow after a little bit of hard thinking I was able to wrap my head around the concepts the movie was built around and i was blown away.

The ideas presented in the film around blackholes was fairly accurate in contrast to ideas I learned from my astronomy class. Blackholes are created after a very large star goes supernova and implodes. After an object reaches a certain level of mass then the gravity from that object gets to the point where its mass increases and size decreases because of the force of gravity is so strong.

This causes a blackhole and it is thought to cause a flex in out dimensional plane which then opens many more doors to different theories of how space time works, making the plot of interstellar somewhat believable which, in my opinion, is why it was such a great film.

No comments: