Friday, October 4, 2013

This Is the End

This Is the End just came out on DVD this week and has been selling off the shelves. When I first saw the trailer for this movie I expected the worst: just another poorly written comedy with a stacked cast all fighting for the spotlight. However, my thoughts changed when I saw that the critics voted it a "Must go" on fandango! I was in disbelief, since critics rarely vote for crude and raunchy humor. Once everyone started to talk about how funny it was I decided it was worth my money to go check out. In the end I was pleasantly surprised by the film, I enjoyed it and it made me laugh. The cast is full of great, and hilarious people playing as themselves. The main cast includes James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, and Craig Robinson. There are also countless more popular actors featured in the film. The apocalypse begins and the six main characters are forced to figure out how to survive the end of the world, and how to survive being stuck in the same house together. With only limited supplies, shenanigans ensue, and tensions rise. Once the group figures out it is the end of the world, they begin to figure out how they can possibly repent for all of their past sins in attempts of getting to the promised land of heaven. With laughs all the way through the movie, it finishes off with a heavenly performance of Everybody (Backstreet's Back) by the Backstreet Boys. If you are a fan of any of the main characters, I would definitely see this movie.


No comments: