Friday, January 25, 2008

Quick Question for Mac Users

Hey everyone

So I have some GREAT news, and some horrible news.

GREAT news: My mac came in today!!
Horrible news: I installed Second Life on it, and every time I log on, my whole computer freezes.

Seeing as how my Mac is extremely new and has OSX Leopard and pretty much all the memory on the planet, I just wanted to know if anyone else is having or has had this problem.

I talked to one of the people in my group about it, and he says he has Leopard and SL runs just fine on it, so it can't be that SL is Leopard's archnemesis.

Any tips/pointers??

3 comments:

Narasi said...

Leopard and MAc seems to be a big issue. This is mainly due to the tight integration of the graphic cards and Mac books. I am running it on Tiger and it works well. So you may have to wait till Linden Lab does some fix for that.
Narasi

Takumi said...

I'm using Leopard with no problems. I believe its a hardware issue specifically with the graphics card if you have a white Macbook. Go to your System Profiler and look under Hardware and click on Graphics/Displays. See what graphics card you have. If it's an Intel, you probably don't meet the System Requirements to run SL. http://secondlife.com/corporate/sysreqs.php Again, this is all without knowing what computer you have but a guess.

Brandon H. said...

I'm running a PowerBook G4 with Leopard and it doesn't have any problems. I'm not really sure what they're putting into the macbooks right now, but I would think it would be able to handle it. Like the previous posts say, it is probably a hardware issue.